Growth scan 24-41 weeks (Third trimester)
This scan aims to assess how well the baby is growing. We can also evaluate placental location and amniotic fluid volume.
- Measurement of the fetal head, abdomen and thigh bone are undertaken to monitor your baby’s growth and estimate the fetal weight.
- Evaluation of the amniotic fluid volume.
- Assessment of baby’s movement.
- Placental location and appearance.
- Use of colour Doppler to assess blood flow from the placenta to the baby.
- Use of colour Doppler to assess fetal blood flow (when indicate